2022-10-11, Co-financing from the CINEA Agency for study works
Zarzad Morskiego Portu Police Sp. z o.o. has signed a Grant Agreement with the CINEA agency (European Climate Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency) for co-financing of study works. The funding was granted under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) financial instrument.
Project title: “Facilitating sustainability of the comprehensive network by increasing the availability and efficiency of the Police Seaport”
The total cost of the project is: EUR 3,477,582.
Co-financing: EUR 1,738,791.00.
Project start: 21-07-2021.
Project completion: 20-12-2024.
The general objective of the project is to improve the accessibility and handling capacity of the Police Seaport by providing access to the railway network and improving the accessibility from the water side for seagoing vessels with a draft of up to 12 meters.
The general objective will be achieved through the following specific objectives:
- increasing the competitiveness of the Seaport in Police by increasing the share in servicing international trade, especially in the Baltic Sea basin taking into account the economic development of the entire West Pomeranian Voivodeship and the simultaneous improvement of the maritime transport system,
- creating access by rail to the Police Seaport,
- improvement of handling efficiency and accessibility to the port from the water for seagoing vessels with a draft of up to 12 meters.
The project includes study works for two tasks:
- Development of design documentation for construction works for the project “Construction of a railway junction for the Port of Police with the necessary technical infrastructure as part of the construction of the railway line No. 437 to the Police Seaport” with a feasibility study. As part of the railway junction, it is planned to connect the Port with the railway network (line 437) and the creation of railway sidings – min. 5 tracks of usable length min. 750 m.
- Development of project documentation for the investment ‘Construction of a heavy quay in Police Seaport’ with a feasibility study. As part of this task, it is planned to build a heavy quay with a planned length of approximately 300 meters (this is an estimated value that will be verified at the stage of preparing the technical documentation), thanks to which the total length of the heavy quay in the port will be approx. 715 meters. The main result of this task will be the improvement of water access to the Police Seaport.